Saturday 14 January 2012

And So It Begins,,,


January 9, 2012 - Monday

   Greyhound once again drove me to boredom within a short hour or so into my drive down to Vancouver, only helping by stopping along the way in Hope, Chilliwack, Abbotsford, Langley, and Port Coquitlam before finally arriving in Vancouver.  I tried to sleep as much as I could during the drive, but even the bits of sleep that I got were fitful at best.  
   Once in Vancouver, already slightly drained, I decided to replenish my energy levels by eating a chicken burger at McDonalds. I’m pretty sure the only real food in that whole meal were the bits of lettuce, and I’m guaranteed, after thoroughly analyzing the burger, that it wasn’t even chicken. Looked like a chicken burger version of particleboard, with bits of who knows what all squished together with an appealing outer coating stuck on it. It filled the gnawing hunger in y stomach, though I vow never to eat another chicken burger at McDonalds ever again.

   The bus going onwards down to Seattle was right on time, and only had 8 passengers on it including myself, so only took a couple of minutes at the US border to clear customs.  Pretty much right on schedule, we pulled into the Station in Seattle, and thankfully Kate and her room mate, Allison, came and picked me up instead of trying to find my own way around Seattle, as I had thought that the bus station was located in a totally different part of town, and would have been totally clueless using the Google maps that I had printed out as to what bus route to take to get to SPU and would have gotten lost for sure; at least taken a longer time to get myself to SPU.  

   Finally found our way to John’s house, the guy who had agreed to host me for the night, after only one mishap of knocking at someone else’s door, and soon was bedded down for the night on the couch. Couldn’t get to sleep for a while, so just lay there trying to figure out if I’d forgotten anything that was of utmost importance or just thought up worst-case scenarios like arriving in London and not being able to find my bag in time for my ongoing flight to Morocco. Nothing but peaceful stuff to help you fall asleep, but I did in the end, and slept on and off until just after 7am when I started to get my things together to move on.  

No comments:

Post a Comment